Thursday 2 January 2014

Dressmas


Feels weird saying this...but welcome to my first post of 2014! Been really busy over the festive period so haven't been blogging for a while. Although, I thought that the start of a new year is always a good time to get back into it. 

Leading up to the Christmas period it's always a stress trying to find a dress for festive parties or for New Year. This year I managed to find mine quite far in advance but got tempted into other purchases after receiving vouchers and money for Christmas. Below are two dresses I want to share that I bought over Christmas!




Dress - Miss Selfridge
Shoes - Asos
Necklace - Hot Diamonds


This first dress was purchased from Miss Selfridge for a New Year party. I love the heavy use of embellishment and sparkle - perfect for the Christmas period! I don't normally wear dresses with more floaty skirts but I wanted to dress up a bit since it was New Year. I've just worn this with plain black heels and a subtle silver necklace (can hardly see this in the photo) since the top section of the dress is quite eye-catching. 






Dress - Asos
Shoes - Asos

This second dress is a bit of an impulse purchase from Asos. Even though it's still freezing outside, its the start of the new year and I'm already looking towards spring/summer trends. I noticed that boxy sleeves have been cropping up quite a lot which you can kind of see in this dress and I also like the bold, unusual pattern which will be nice in the lead up to Spring/Summer. I've just worn this with black heels because again, the dress is quite eye-catching. 


Hope you all had an amazing Christmas/New Year and continue to read my blog through 2014!


Julia
x
SHARE:

2 comments

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig