Monday 21 October 2013

How To Wear: Oriental


Today I'm pretty excited because I'm going to be starting a new ten post project as part of my coursework for University. In our Fashion Communication module we were asked to start our own blog, which luckily, I had already done! However, we are being marked based on a series of ten posts so I have decided to begin a special theme which will feature different items, trends, clothing and how I would wear them - starting now!









Jumper - Zara
Maxi Skirt - Boohoo
Gold Chain - River Island
Chelsea Boots - Fashion Union
Gold Ring - Primark



Recently I purchased this beautiful jumper from Zara which I am obsessed with! I was first drawn by the pattern and the blend of colours which I think has a subtle oriental feel to it. As Zara are the masters of fast fashion, they are of course up-to-date with the latest trends - the blossoming oriental trend is no exception. 

Personally, I love how the feminine floral pattern has been clashed with the more harsh capitals of the slogan "Off Duty". To mimic this, I have paired it with a long maxi skirt, continuing the feminine theme, but toughened it up with the gold chain, side split and chelsea boots. 

For further inspiration on how to create an oriental-inspired look, visit my pinterest board which can be viewed by clicking here




How would you wear the oriental trend?
Feel free to comment...

Julia
x

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. very nice!
    check my blog out too
    http://youngfashiondaily.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah sure, I'll take a look now. xo

      Delete
  2. Cute boots!
    www.ubetterwork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig