Monday 28 October 2013

How To Wear: Tailoring








Cigarette Trousers - Topshop
Shirt - New Look
Necklace - New Look
Shoes - Boohoo
Blazer - H&M

Since I've been back at University for a while now, I thought it was probably time to get out of the lazy student routine and attempt to get myself organised with coursework - the fun begins. For one of my presentations we were asked to dress in a way which was smart but casual, and like a typical fashion student, I instantly thought of what I was going to wear rather than the coursework itself. 

Recently when searching through a Topshop online sale (couldn't resist) I found these amazing cigarette trousers reduced to only £20 and thought they would be perfect to wear for my presentation. So with these trousers as my base, I've built an outfit around them which hopefully gives that 'smart yet casual' look. 

I've tried to create an androgynous look here by keeping it tailored with the cigarette trousers and shirt, but adding a feminine touch with the floral pattern. Adding barely there heels keeps it smart but again gives that feminine touch. Keeping it simple with a gold necklace avoids overpowering the bold pattern and strong tailoring. Finally, a tailored blazer finishes off the look for those chilly Scottish winds.


Hope you guys like it!


Julia
x




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm in love with those Topshop trousers! :)
    xoxo,
    Irina
    www.brandnamesus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love the pattern :) x

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig