Monday 27 May 2013

What's New?

                           
As a fashion student I'm always reading magazines and I've come across a few interesting things that I would love to share!


Knot it up. 

Personally I love looking at 'street-style' for inspiration (as seen on my pinterest http://pinterest.com/julsb94/word-on-the-street/), and this quick and easy styling trick is one which I find particularly interesting. As a petite girl I often find maxi skirts/dresses a bit overwhelming for my figure, and they end up just making me look shorter. This trick can help with that problem, simply by knotting the hemline, making a maxi skirt that little bit more edgy.


Article from LOOK magazine

                                            knotted maxi skirt






















                                                                         Via Pinterest




                                                      Knotted maxi skirt

                                                                         Via Pinterest



Wrist Candy 

Recently I have been noticing a certain type of bracelet seems to be cropping up everywhere from instagram to magazines, even high street stores. This is seen to be the new 'it thing' on the accessories scene inspired by the Titan Bracelet by Italian designer label Vita Fede. Even though this Swarovski-studded, spike-ended bracelet will leave you £250 poorer, there are high street alternatives from the likes of Topshop and Asos! 

Vita Fede Titan Crystal Bracelet
                               


Titan bracelets. Can never have enough Vita Fede

Via Pinterest
                               
Topshop £7.50


                                                   

Ballet Blocks

Ballet pumps have undergone an update by adding a simple block heel! Celebs such as Sara Jessica Parker have recently been spotted wearing the newly updated pumps and the high street have caught on fast! Below are a few examples I like from various high street stores/websites. 
Image 1 of ASOS LAKE Ballet Flats with Block Heel
Asos £35
                                            
Patent Block Heel Ballet Pumps
Matalan £12


That's all from me today! Hopefully I've shown you a few interesting things you didn't know already...


                                                   Julia 
                                                     x














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig