Monday 26 January 2015

Trend Alert: Stripes


So what's my favourite trend at the moment? The stripe. I am absolutely obsessed with the stripe trend, particularly the vertical stripe - they're simple, slimming and perfect for making your legs look longer (which I desperately need).  

With the focus now on Spring, the stripe is set to define the approaching season. From the traditional nautical stripe to bright and bold rainbow stripes, this pattern is truly taking over the catwalks. 



(Taken from Marni.com)


Taken from Emilio Pucci)


(Taken from 3.1 Phillip Lim)


As always, the high street has not disappointed with an array of streamlined stripes to choose from. One of my favourite items are these vertically striped trousers from Topshop - I instantly fell in love. I feel these subtly striped trousers are a perfect way to ease into the trend if the bold rainbow colours are a bit too scary at first. I also managed to pick up this beautiful silky bomber jacket from Monki which went perfectly with the navy and white stripes. 

In terms of colour trends, the classic black and white/monochrome combo is being overshadowed by its younger, trendier sister - blue and white. So why not hit two birds (or two trends) with one stone? 











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig