Wednesday 25 September 2013

Winter Warm-Ups




In relation to my previous post, I had initially planned to talk a lot more about London Fashion Week but due to being so busy this idea has kind of gone out the window! 



After attending my induction today I am now officially a second year and very excited to finally get back into a routine. However, standing freezing cold waiting for a bus and battling the blustery wind and showers is not something I am looking forward to (I need to move abroad!). So, in preparation I have been looking at my favourite jackets/coats to keep cosy for the chilly months ahead. 

Outerwear 

With Autumn/Winter 2013 in full flourish, it brings with it an abundance of trends ready to influence your perfect Winter jacket/coat purchase. 




Oversized 

This is a huge trend (literally...) for outerwear, dominating the catwalks as seen from the likes of Stella McCartney. This has obviously trickled down to the high street - my picks from the high street stores feature below. 





Stella McCartney Autumn/Winter 2013-14


Asos - £395

Mango £119.99


Topshop £125




Pink

As mentioned in a previous post, pink is a huge colour trend for Autumn/Winter 2013-14, especially when it comes to outerwear. 



John Rocha Autumn/Winter 2013-14



Marks & Spencer - £99



Zara £79.99
Topshop £98

Topshop £89


Toggle

The duffle coat is back, spotted on the catwalks with both a feminine and darkly edgy twist. 



Saint Laurent Autumn/Winter 2013-14

Christopher Raeburn Autumn/Winter 2013-14

Topshop - £89



Burberry - £895


Asos - £85




Parka 

Again the parka has returned with fur-trimmed hoods and belts to allow for cinching at the waist. I love parka's because they are both fashionable but very functional - keeping you dry and warm!




Prabal Gurung Autumn/Winter 2013-14

Pull & Bear - £79.99


River Island - £100


Boohoo - £45

Quilted/Padded

Back with a vengeance, the padded jacket has been reinvented on the catwalks by designers such as Peter Pilotto and DKNY. 



DKNY Autumn/Winter 2013-14

Peter Pilotto Autumn/Winter 2013-14

I recently purchased a padded/quilted jacket from Zara and I love it! The furry hood and belt allows the jacket to be fitted and still warm. I also love the zip details on the sleeves and the sand colour which makes it a bit different and stand out!



Zara £79.99



That's just a few of the different outerwear trends which may help you with your winter purchases. I would also recommend a faux fur coat or a classic trench coat to bring your outerwear up-to-date! 

Julia

x

 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig